VideoStudio Pro X4 can actually output 2 kind of 3D video the Anaglyph and Side-by-side.
Anaglyph — Requires only the red and blue generic anaglyph 3D glasses to view 3D video without the need for special display monitors.
Side-by-side — Requires polarized 3D glasses and a compatible polarized display monitor to view 3D video.
So if you don't have that 3D TV yet but you want to enjoy or convert your video to 3D video, then I would recommend that you select Anaglyph.
To convert 2D video to 3D video, just follow these steps.
1. Assuming that you are done with all the editing and what-not on your video, you can go to Share Step Options Panel, click the Create Video File button and select 3D.
2. Choose the video format from the submenu. On my case, I selected Bluray > Bluray H.264 (1920x1080).
3. The Create Video File dialog box appears, then click on the OPTIONS... for additional video file settings.
4. Check 3D Simulator and enter a value in Depth to adjust the depth of the 3D video file.
5. Choose a mode of 3D conversion, then click on OK then SAVE.
6. The program will now render and encode the video and for the sake of this post I created two 3D video, 1 for the Anaglyph and 1 for Side-by-Side. You can see the rendered video below.
Once the rendering is done, you can then create your Disc or just play it on your TV or player if it supports video files. I have uploaded a sample of 3D (Anaglyph) video to Youtube and just hit Play to watch the 3D video below.
Anaglyph 3D Video
Of course you'll appreciate the video if you have a 3D glass and the necessary 3D displays.